Table of Contents
Attendees will be required to follow this policy in order to gain entry to Symposium. We are following CDC guidelines for vaccinations, boosters, testing, and isolation. Our policy will be updated if CDC guidelines change, so please check this page for updates before traveling to Symposium.
Please note: no onsite registrations will be permitted and name badges must be worn at all times during the conference.
Attendees (ages 5 and up) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Full vaccination is defined as:
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna)
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s/Janssen vaccine)
The second dose of Pfizer/Moderna or single dose of Johnson & Johnson’s/Jannsen must be received on or before April 12, 2022 in order to attend Symposium.
HFA recommends that attendees follow CDC guidelines for getting booster shots, if and when they are eligible. Boosters are recommended at least 5 months after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccination and at least 2 months after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson’s/Janssen vaccination.
- If your second dose (Pfizer/Moderna) was before November 20, 2021, a booster is recommended to attend Symposium.
- If your single dose (Johnson & Johnson’s/Jannsen) was before February 20, 2022, a booster is recommended to attend Symposium.
Proof of Vaccination
Attendees (ages 14 and up) are required to submit proof of vaccination status via the CLEAR Health Pass between Friday, March 11 and Wednesday, April 6. Attendees (ages 5-13) will submit their vaccination status via a separate platform.
In order to be verified, your CLEAR account must use the same email address that you used to register for the event. Each attendee must have their own unique email. If you registered using a different email and already have a CLEAR account, you can log out and create a new account using the new email address.
Enroll or Sign up for CLEAR:
- Download the free CLEAR app and tap “Get Started” on the white Health Pass tile
- Select “Have a Code?” and enter CADMIUM1
- Tap “Enroll or verify you are already in CLEAR” to create an account or access your existing CLEAR member account.
- Tap “Add COVID-19 Vaccination” and follow prompts to securely confirm your proof of vaccination
- A green Health Pass means you’re good to go!
With CLEAR, you are always in control of your information. HFA only receives confirmation that you have completed the requirements and does not have access to your private health data.
If you need additional assistance with your CLEAR Health Pass, visit CLEAR, contact email@example.com, or call 1-855-CLEARME (253-2763). Or you can contact us directly at
Wearing a protective mask is required for attendees (ages 2 and up). Masks must cover both nose and mouth while indoors.
Surgical masks will be provided on site. Surgical, N95, and KN95 masks are strongly preferred. Well-fitting cloth masks are acceptable. Gaiters, bandanas, and masks with exhalation valves will not be accepted.
Attendees who are not properly masked will be refused admittance and may have their badges revoked. Please refer to Centers for Disease Control guidance on masking.
Onsite testing will be available at the Health & Infusion Suite (Room 22). If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, please visit the Health & Infusion Suite to be tested.
Health & Infusion Suite Hours:
- Wednesday: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friday: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: By Appointment
If an attendee tests positive for COVID-19 at Symposium, they will need to immediately leave the conference and begin isolating in their hotel room.
All CDC guidelines will be followed in relation to the length of this isolation, and the hotel will extend the conference room rate for any additional quarantine nights.
Do not travel to Symposium if:
- You have been exposed to COVID-19 (unless you are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 10 days).
- You tested positive for COVID-19 and haven’t ended isolation (even if you are fully vaccinated).
- You are waiting for results of a COVID-19 test. If your test comes back positive while you are at your destination, you will need to isolate and postpone your return until it’s safe for you to end isolation. Your travel companions may need to self-quarantine.
- You feel sick or have any symptoms.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Symposium Registration Fees
We have a no-questions-asked refund policy. Whether you experience a bleed right before traveling or have been exposed to COVID-19, we will issue a full refund of your registration fee. To cancel your registration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Room Fees
The standard cancellation policy for the Marriott Riverwalk is 72 hours prior to arrival. If someone tests positive for COVID-19 within that 72-hour window, hotel staff will handle the cancellation on a case-by-case basis. If an individual tests positive for COVID-19 during their stay, the Marriott will extend the room rate to cover the isolation period.